There are legitimate arguments for cannabis to become a legalized drug. At best, there are still places in the world where it is considered illegal. Fortunately for you—if you’re into the 420 culture—you get to enjoy it in places where it’s been legalized.
A Legal Holiday
Looking to get high while enjoying time away from work? Here’s where to do it:
• Jamaica. Surprisingly, the place where weed is thought to be as common as bananas only had cannabis legalized in February 2015. Still, better late than never. You can now enjoy biking with a reefer on your lips here.
• Christiania, Denmark. It’s like the equivalent of Amsterdam in terms of weed. When it was created in 1971, it was established as an art town that has its own flag and currency. Cannabis shops are like convenience stores here, making it a good 420 destination.
• Canary Islands. The community of cannabis fanatics here has grown since the 60s. Span has relaxed laws on cannabis recently, making things easier. Imagine smoking and getting high while mountain climbing or swimming here.
• Amsterdam. It was previously mentioned as a red-light district, but as much as there is flesh here, so is weed; since 1976, it was legal to smoke weeds in the streets of Amsterdam. All while enjoying the sights and, er, sounds the place has to offer.
• Uruguay. Are you looking for full legalization? Then you’re going to love this country. It’s not really permitted for non-citizens to procure cannabis here, but if you were given weed, why not use it? Montevideo is a great spot to smoke and enjoy the view.
• Canada.West Hastings? West Coast? These places should be on your list during 420. It’s the site of the New Amsterdam Café as well as the B.C. Marijuana Party and Vapor Lounge—pretty popular places for pot.
Take it with Moderation
As with all good things in life, smoking marijuana can be healthy when done in moderation. Too much of anything will still kill, even if it’s a ‘divine herb made for divine purposes’, so to speak.